5 Signs of an Aging Neck
Do you ever hear anyone complaining that their feet look old? There probably are people who don’t like how their feet look, but nobody ever looks at someone’s feet and thinks “Wow, their face and neck look great, but those feet look ancient!” Sounds silly, doesn’t it? Of course, everyone has specific age-related problem areas that are particularly bothersome to them, but your neck is the first place where the ruthless effects of the aging process begin to reveal themselves. If you’re one of the many men and women in The Woodlands who are interested in a non-invasive way to correct your aging neck, Botox is an excellent option for you.
What is your body saying about you?
Our patients in The Woodlands go out into the world most days trying to look their best – hair, makeup, clothes, in addition to eating right and exercising all tell your story. The skin on your neck may be telling an entirely different tale though. We all have various factors that contribute to the signs of age on our necks that are a result of genetics, environmental causes such as sun exposure, and posture – particularly looking down at your phone or computer for several hours a day. Below is a list of 5 signs of an aging neck that Botox can correct.
- Vertical Banding. Some of our patients in The Woodlands develop neck cords that are best seen when you show your bottom teeth. These protruding vertical bands are a result of what are called “platysmal muscles,” that separate as you age. When Botox is injected into these strained looking muscles, they relax and smooth out, causing your neck to appear smooth and youthful.
- Necklace Lines. These indented wrinkles have the appearance of circular rings that create horizontal creases across the neck and look as if you have tight, invisible, indented cords around your neck. It is not uncommon for these stubborn and unattractive lines to begin as early as your 20’s and progress with age. Botox is quite effective at softening and relaxing necklace lines.
- Loss of Definition Around the Jawline. We associate a youthful neck with a distinct jawline that separates your jaw from your neck. With age, the jawline begins to fold right into the neck reducing or eliminating a youthful looking jawline. In conjunction with treatment to the platysmal bands, Botox can be injected into the “DAO’s” (depressor anguli oris) that pull down the corners of your mouth causing our patients in The Woodlands to develop undefined droopy corners of the mouth and loose, saggy jowls.
- Crepey Skin. Just a few carefully placed injections of Botox tighten the crepey skin that we all associate with older skin. The skin on your neck is thin and delicate and can become easily dehydrated and lose its elasticity.
- A Combination of Aging Neck Signs. Unfortunately, if you are suffering from one of these
unpleasant signs of an aging neck you probably have more than one of the neck issues listed above. Luckily there is a solution that has worked for millions of men and women just like you.
Maintaining Your Results
It’s essential that you continue with follow-up appointments every 3-4 months to keep your neck looking youthful and beautiful. Scheduling a follow-up appointment as you check-out is a great way to stay top of things.
If you’re ready to see how Botox can give your neck a naturally refreshed and youthful appearance, call our offices today at (936) 539-8115 and let one of our friendly staff help you schedule an appointment at our office in The Woodlands. We look forward to your call!