Does BOTOX® Have Any Downtime or a Recovery Process?
Are you considering a visit to a Conroe, The Woodlands, or Houston plastic surgeon like Dr. Myers for BOTOX® injections to erase neck lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, or forehead expression lines? If so, you may be wondering if you’ll have any downtime after your injections, or if it’ll be business as usual as soon as your appointment is finished. After all, if you’ve never had this treatment before, how could you possibly know what to expect?
As you’ll see from this blog post, Conroe, The Woodlands, and Houston patients are able to return to work, school, or their household duties immediately after they receive their injections from local plastic surgeon Dr. Myers of Myers Plastic Surgery. But that doesn’t mean you can do just anything after your injections.
There are some important instructions to follow immediately after your appointment, and for up to a week afterward. Additionally, since some patients experience swelling, redness, and bruising after BOTOX® injections, they may desire to take a short time off from their social activities until those side effects have subsided.
What to Expect After Your Injections
Even if you experience swelling, redness, or bruising, don’t try to ice your treatment area to alleviate these side effects. Doing so may negatively interfere with the BOTOX’s® ability to be absorbed by its targeted muscles.
You can, however, wear cosmetics to cover up redness and bruising. In fact, you can put makeup on before you even leave Myers Plastic Surgery!
Things You Can Do After Your Injections
You don’t have to take any time off work to get BOTOX®. You can schedule your injections early in the morning and come in late for work, or have your injections performed over your lunch break! Additionally, you’re encouraged to:
- Remain in an upright position for at least 4 hours after your injections.
Things You Need to Avoid After Your Injections
Upon discharge, Dr. Myers provides his Conroe patients with a list of activities to avoid after receiving injections. These include:
- Hitting the gym or participate in any other aerobic or physical activities for the first week after your appointment, as doing so may increase blood flow to your face and alter the effects of the injectable.
- Drinking any alcohol for 1 week after your injections, as alcohol thins the blood.
- Massaging the muscles that were treated.
- Taking a nap or going to sleep immediately after your injections.
- Lying down for the first 4 hours after your appointment.
- Taking a hot bath or shower the first few days after your injections.
Schedule Your BOTOX® Injections Today!
If signs of aging are showing up on your face or neck, regular injections with this solution can keep those fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
To schedule an appointment with Conroe, The Woodlands, and Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Myers for injections, call Myers Plastic Surgery today at (936) 539-8115.