How Long Before I See Results from Botox/Dysport?
When you look in the mirror and see lines where there was once smooth youthful skin, what do you feel? While wrinkles certainly aren’t a cause for alarm, they can leave you looking much older than the person you know yourself to be inside. Thankfully, safe and effective treatments to lessen the appearance of age lines is available in the form of Dysport and Botox.
The Woodlands expert Dr. Wesley T. Myers has years of experience administering these treatments, turning back the clock for people just like you. But how long do these treatments take to show results?
Benefits of Botox & Dysport
In some cases, the effects of Botox/Dysport injections can be seen in a matter of days. In others, up to two weeks can pass before the results of the injections are seen. In either case, though, these treatments are known the world over for their safety and success in diminishing the signs of aging. Some of the main benefits of Botox and Dysport over other methods of treatment are:
- Non-surgical: because Botox and Dysport are administered via simple injections into the skin, they require only local anesthetic if any as opposed to surgical methods, which typically require general anesthesia. Furthermore, there is no real downtime post-procedure, compared to multiple weeks of recovery with surgical methods.
- Cost-effective: Botox and Dysport injections are typically far less expensive than surgical procedures to accomplish similar results. When administered by an expert like Dr. Myers, costs can decrease further as results can be achieved with fewer injections and fewer units per injection.
- Speed of procedure: as opposed to other procedures that require sedation, surgical prep, time for the actual operation, and post-procedural recovery before being allowed to leave, Botox and Dysport injections can be completed within minutes instead of hours. You could potentially schedule a Botox appointment on a lunch break and return to work afterward without issue.
Ensuring the Quality of Your Results
While it’s true that it may take time for you to see the final results of your Botox/Dysport treatment, there are things you can do to help ensure the quality of those results:
- Remain upright for 4 hours post-procedure
- Use the muscles in the target area(s) for 3-4 hours after injections
- Do not nap or sleep immediately following your injections
- Do not engage in aerobic or physical activities
- Do not massage or apply ice to the injected or surrounding areas
- Do not take a hot shower, bath, or sit in a hot tub or steam room after your procedure
Following these guidelines will help prevent the migration of the injected Botox/Dysport to unwanted areas. It will also encourage the nerve endings of the targeted muscles to take up the injected solution and help ensure effectiveness.
Questions about what to expect after Botox? The Woodlands expert Dr. Wesley T. Myers can help. Call us today at 936.539.8115 for your consultation.